community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Google Analytics Connector Offline: No Available Accounts

Highlighted
Atom

I have followed the guide "the how to Google Analytics" and I am able to view and pull data from the GA connector Online. However when I use the offline option, same account, by passing the security + access + refresh token. I am unable to successfully login but no accounts are present

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 2.30.12 PM.png

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @lake 

Are you sure you've generated the secret and token for the right account? That's my best guess.

Atom
I am able the application with credentials within the development console.

Jared Lake
Associate Director – Advanced Analytics
O: +1 3127290162
180 North LaSalle Chicago, Illinois 60601

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer The information in this email and any attachments may contain proprietary and confidential information that is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. When addressed to our clients or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail or any attachments is subject to the terms and conditions in any governing contract. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the e-mail.
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hmm, that's puzzling.

If the credentials weren't valid you would be getting an error message:

"Enter valid Google Analytics credentials"

The fact that you're not getting this error message suggest they are valid credentials so the most likely explanation would be that the account doesn't have access to the relevant GA instances.

Google authentication is a nightmare. I hope you manage to figure it out and sorry I couldn't help more!

Atom

Hmm.. I am able to see the profiles using the online profile. Is there a different permission needed for the offline? 

Meteoroid

Did this ever get resolved?  I'm having the same issue.  I've successfully accomplished this task in the past in another account.

Atom

No I haven't are you able to see what the difference is in the two accounts you created. Are they at different permission levels? 

Alteryx
Alteryx

@lake @mnorris @jamielaird 

This is a really good question.  All I can tell you is that when I first Authorized API, I was prompted to choose an account to continue to Product1.

20_Sign in if not already.png21_Display Advanced.png22_Allow Product1.png23_Confirm choice.png

I went ahead with the configuration of the tool Offline, which worked fine.  When I went back to try it as an Online configuration, I was then prompted to sign in again, this time for AlteryxMacro to be allowed.

26_x_Select Online.png32_Confirm Choices.png

So I'm forced to conclude that yes, you do need to give explicit permission for whichever approach you use.

Alteryx
Alteryx

I wanted to augment my prior comment.  It seems to make a difference whether one sets up OAuth for online vs. offline when authorizing the API.

18_Use your own OAuth credentials.png

When entering the token into Alteryx, the Offline requires the Refresh token, whereas the Online requires the Access token.  My access token was 129 characters, whereas the refresh token is "only" 45.

Meteoroid

I am still having this issue.

Can anyone confirm what the OAuth consent screen inputs should be? This is not covered in the initial documentation, yet it is something I had to set up before I was able to create my Web client. 

Google API screenshot 2.png

Labels