Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Formula to find the special characters

Naga
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone,

I need to formulate a text field to say if it contains special characters then fail else pass. I tried a few other workaround but not worked. Can someone help with this?

"Nw 16@#$%1St Place*&^%" expected output was fail as it contains special characters(only A-z and 0-9 allowed)

Thanks

Naga

5 REPLIES 5
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Naga ,

This is a simple bit of regex matching:

\w+

Workflow attached.

M.

Bulien

Naga
8 - Asteroid

@mceleavey - Thanks for sending this faster. Is there any way I can use the formula tool to say it is Pass / Fail. I have to add additional conditions like not being blank and lenght of char to be this much. So getting that into the formula tool will be more helpful.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Naga ,

No problem:

mceleavey_0-1623928157257.png

Update attached.

M.

Bulien

Naga
8 - Asteroid

@mceleavey - thanks again. I am looking for something like this. i have added 2 conditions already and need to add a 3rd condition of not having special characters (fail) or can have only A-z or 0-9 (pass). I tried using the regex_match into this but that not work. I have already completed most of the part of it and this what I am trying to break now.  

Naga_1-1623928690813.png

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Naga ,

this is what we refer to as Scope Creep 😉

Can you mark the previous as a solution to the first part, as this is a completely different problem.

You can add the clause I built in as an OR clause.

<what you have in your formula> OR [Text_Matched]=0 then "Fail" else "Pass" endif

M

Bulien

Labels