Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Filter results by date with day of week conditions

mike_j1028
5 - Atom

Hi, I pull a report from a third party each weekday that is a living list of all products that have ever been submitted to them. I need to filter out results to get only the submissions through the previous business day, which must include Friday through Sunday when I pull the report on Monday. After filtering for [Today]="Monday", I have tried multiple filters and DateTime formulas to get the needed output (if T, three previous days, if F previous day only) but have not made any progress. How can I remove all rows but those that meet the filter criteria?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mike_j1028 

Just to double-check, when you pull the report on Monday you want data for Friday, Saturday and Sunday only?

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @mike_j1028  The following formula will create a cutoff date for use in a filter

If Datetimeformat(DateTimeToday(),'%A')='Monday' THEN DateTimeAdd(datetimetoday(),-3,'day')
ELSE datetimeadd(Datetimetoday(),-1,'day')
ENDIF

You can then use [Date]>=[Cutoff Date] in a filter tool

OllieClarke_1-1573658946912.png

Hope that helps, Ollie

mike_j1028
5 - Atom

Correct, and all other weekdays I would only need the previous day's submissions. 

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@mike_j1028 

In which case the below should work

If DateTimeFormat(DateTimeNow(),"%A") = "Monday" 
THEN [Date] >= DateTimeAdd([Date], -3,"days") AND [Date] <= DateTimeAdd([Date], -1,"days")
ELSE [Date] = DateTimeAdd([Date], -1,"days")
ENDIF

day-filter.png 

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@mike_j1028 if you don't want to include today's data then update the filter I mentioned above to:

[Date]>=[cutoff date] 

AND

[Date]<datetimetoday()

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @mike_j1028,

I think this solves the issue you're having.

Input:

image.png

Output: Using the DateTimeToday function (top filter tool)

image.png

Output: Using monday to prove 3 day backlog (bottom filter tool)

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed, the bottom filter can be removed in your case.

Regards,

Jonathan

mike_j1028
5 - Atom

Thanks to everyone who helped me work this out. I couldn't get most of the solutions to give me the proper output. Most likely it was a formatting issue with the input file. Below is what I ended up getting to work based off of Jonathan's suggestion. Hopefully this will work on Monday as well. Thanks again!

Workflow.PNG

Labels