This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
Oh, now I see why your action properties had parenthesis, you had the "Expression-value=" selected in the update properties, you need to expand the simple and operands trees and choose "Operand-value=" as the field you want to update. I just wrote an text input to replace the incoming macro to test the workflow.
I am going to try again here, sorry still new to this too! You can change the List Box to "Generate Custom List" and then change your filter to a custom filter with "[Company] in ("23rd Street Investments, Inc.")". I had to change the workflow to a Analytics App to test it.
A few things. When I opened your macro, it was coming in as a batch macro. This should be a standard macro. So, click anywhere on the workspace that's not a tool, and in the configuration window, workflow tab, ensure that it's a standard macro.
If you want multiple options, then your filter needs to use an "in" comparison. [Company] in ("company name 1","company name 2") etc.
Configure the list box tool to "Generate Custom List", with start and end markers as double quotes, and separator as ","
Configure the action tool to change just the string of companies. Easiest to dig under Filter - Simple - Operands - and then the value
Also updated the macro so that it actually pulls the list of companies from the input file, looking for unique values and generating a list from that. The List Box tool can use information from an incoming tool rather than typing, but the key is that it reads column headings to read into the list.
Anyway, please try this out and see if it works for you.