Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

File Browse tool content in text input tool

delalma
7 - Meteor

I need to put the content of the file selected with File input tool into a text input tool. However the only output I can see is the file name. I have attached the workflow. Can you help please?

2 REPLIES 2
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Rather than a Text Input tool you probably want to use an Input Data tool with a file loaded in there as a placeholder. That way whatever file they pick will read the actual data in and then write it out to your specified output. Otherwise you are just updating a single cell of a text input tool. If your objective is to get all of the rows into a single cell you could follow an Input Data tool with a summarize tool that concatenates the column with a \n delimiter so that the values are in the same cell but separated by new lines. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @delalma 

As @BrandonB said and based on your previous question. You need to use input tool in the beginning for the file browse to work. By default, each company ID will be in separate rows If you need all company ID's in a single cell you need to summarize tool and concat them based on required delimiters.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1625551755558.png

Hope this helps 🙂

Labels