Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extract Folder Name List

EG_GBM
7 - Meteor

I wonder to know how Alteryx can extract folder names in a known path, thank you for everyone who can give me help!

The reality is that there are many folders in one path, and I need to know the names of the folders, but I think the directory tool can only extract the names of files in the path.

4 REPLIES 4
Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @EG_GBM ,

The FileGetDir function can help in this case.

It takes as argument the full path to a file and returns the path to the folder.

You can then easily remove the data to extract only the name of the folder.

Find attached an example.

Emmanuel_G_0-1662641196993.png

Sarreddy
9 - Comet

Sarreddy_0-1662642859899.png

EG_GBM
7 - Meteor

Thank you for your prompt reply! But in fact there may no file in the folder,  because this task only needs to create folder.

In the real case, I need to create 4 levels folder, and in "Folder2" I need to return to the name of the existing folders (which may not contains any files), and then I can make judgments and do subsequent operations:

1) If the folder I need in "Folder2" has been created, I can create sub-folders inside it. 

2)If the folder I want has been not created, I can create the required folder and the corresponding subfolders. 

EG_GBM_1-1662689266798.png

Thanks for you help in advance!

sparksun
11 - Bolide

you can create Folder Path and judge if any folder exists or not by using function FileExists( )

I got the solution from the post below:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Check-if-folder-exists-before-creating...

Labels