Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Export date to Excel in custom format (yyyy-mm-dd;@)

5 - Atom

Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to export date from Alteryx to Excel in specific custom format (yyyy-mm-dd;@).

Would be appreciated for any help. 

Thanks in advance!

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi @Ulyana_22 

You can if the date field is in string format otherwise if it's an date field excel will auto format the date field. This example highlight what I means I went with a generic date format for the excel format.

I find this link helpful to select custom date formats.

5 - Atom

Unfortunately that is now working as in output file (Excel) I expect to get data exactly in format yyyy-mm-dd;@

10 - Fireball

You might have to parse it yourself with a formula block.

Convert the datetime variable to string, then pick it apart and rearrange it with string functions.

So alteryx = yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss

your year would be Left([string],4)

month = substring([string],findstring([string],"-")+1,2)

etc

then you'd put it back together in whatever format you'd like.

It's not pretty, but I've done it enough times that I really should make a macro for it. Just be careful about any single digit dates that may or may not have leading zeros.

Hi @Ulyana_22 

Have updated my workflow if this is not the correct format could please share an example?

5 - Atom

Thanks for your help!

But we need to get output data in Excel in specific format like in attached file. I wonder if it's possible at all. 

Hi yes is should be possible in the DateTime configuration you can enter a custom format. 

Datetime_Config.PNG

Labels