Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Event Email did not fire but other after events did

Susoeffl
7 - Meteor

I have one bat file after event and 4 email after events.The bat file and 3 email events worked, one email did not get sent (The first one). There were no errors

I did not edit that event, then disabled all other events, restarted the flow and that email sent.  

TLDR Below are details of what I am trying to achieve if that is helpful:  

The problem I am trying to solve, is that a report must get sent as a PDF to some important end users.  I write out the report as a static PDF name. so I can attach it to an email event.  I have not found a way to attach final output as a PDF to the email tool.  If there is knowledge would be much appreciated. 

Once i write it out.  I use and event to copy it to an archive where it is named dynamically in the bat file with the date.

I then send the emails.  I have 4 because the "to" field was not long enough to hold all the important end users.  so I send off an after event email with the PDF attached to all people.

if there is a way to do this differently I am open to that too. 

I don't know how to ensure this won't happen in the future. 

Also open to a way to notify me it does so I can correct it once its on a schedule

10 REPLIES 10
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thank you for following up on this @Susoeffl!

Labels