Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 2-3 hours, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Dynamic Input

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Need some assistance with a workflow. I have a list box in my workflow that allows user to pick the state and then using action tool connects to the dynamic input tool  to modify the Where clause of an SQL query in filter the query by the state picked by the user from the pick list. I do not get any errors but no output either. I have there is values in the database related to the state I pick by however the workflow does not return anything.

Can someone please help me? I have attached some pictures of how my workflow is configured.

Highlighted
10 - Fireball

Hi @nshah48 

Can you check to see what the query looks like in the debug tool? (Then upload a photo of the query.)

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/debug-workflow#:~:text=When%20designing%20an%20Analytic%20...

I suspect that your values are not coming though as expected.

Best,

Michael

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Here's the debug log. I hope I did it right and that's what you were looking for. 

Highlighted
10 - Fireball

Sorry for the confusion.

When you are in the Debug the values you entered in the app will be applied into the workflow.

Can you provide a screenshot of the Query in the Data Input Tool and the text input tool.

Thanks,

Michael

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

I am not sure how to do that. I tired but where to look for the query while debug? Will it show up since I am connecting to TeraData to run my SQL.

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

Here's what get into the text input field and data input tool

Highlighted
10 - Fireball

Hi @nshah48 

I suspect that the issue is that you are replacing the 'IL' with TX and the query is returning no results because TX hasn't been properly set up as a string value.

Can you create a formula tool that changes TX to 'TX' as a string and try that?

Best,

Michael

Highlighted
6 - Meteoroid

I was able to resolve this issue by adding a output tool to export the results into an excel file. I can see that the selections are passing through and giving me the results accordingly.However now I am running into another issue. I have multiple dynamic input tools each one running different SQL query. When I make my selections as run the app, it results into ODBC Teradata error # 3807 object Z114 does not exists. I don't have this object referenced anywhere in my query.

Labels