Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Dynamic Input to pick up file created every Monday of the week.

amerchant
5 - Atom

How do you set up a formula to have the dynamic input to pick up the Monday file from the current week?

5 REPLIES 5
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @amerchant,

Have you tried this:

IraWatt_0-1653503343351.png

A directory tool can scan a folder. You can then convert time created to day and then filter on Monday. Sort the files by created time to the most recent. Sample the top row then use a dynamic input to take the most recent file. 

For setting up the dynamic input check Dynamic Input Tool | Alteryx Help

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

amerchant
5 - Atom

Thank you @IraWatt. what should be my input template? Can it be another file in the same folder where I would like the dynamic input to pick up the file from?

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @amerchant, the template should be an example file, doesn't matter where it is. it tells the dynamic input what column range to look at. Ideally use a file with the same structure as your Monday file.

amerchant
5 - Atom

Hi Ira, 

I am getting error when I select the input file: There are 2 tabs in file. I used a slightly different flow which should pick up the lastest file created in the folder.

amerchant_0-1653573992036.png

amerchant_1-1653573999602.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @amerchant,

It does really matter what file you use as the template so try just using an example file on your desktop or C drive. It may be that you dont have access to view this file or its open somewhere else. 

Labels