Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Dynamic Input Warning "File schema different and skipped"

linzi
5 - Atom

Hi, I'm trying to use dynamic input to read multiple excel files in one go. All my excel files are having same number if fields and same field name. However, I kept receiving the error that files are having different schema and will be skipped. 

Any way I can skip this warning and get the dynamic input to read all the files? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @linzi,

are you able to provide some sample files?

VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @linzi,

What you mentioned is a very common case. This happens when an excel file has some columns "active" that in our eyes are empty but Alteryx reads it as those columns have content (empty content)

There is something you can do to select specific excel ranges from all your files.

2019.4 or lower 

When you provide the path to read those several excel files, you can add there a specifier on which columns you want to read from those file. e.g. $A:O

VianneyM_0-1584378588780.png

There a link with information from the community: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Import-Multiple-Excel-Sheets... > How To: Input a Specific Excel Range

The latest Alteryx version 2020.1 allows you to do that directly from the wizard. 

VianneyM_1-1584378637349.png

Let me know if that helps

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
Labels