Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Drill down

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Hello:

I want to see the underline data of summery.  I want to see basically a drill-down of Summarize view, not the base data from the beginning.  In excel the way we see after pivoting the table is kind of that.  How could I see the underline data after using the summary tool? 

Kinetic_analytics_0-1647374233728.png

Drill down the base data:

Kinetic_analytics_1-1647374310307.png

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @Kinetic_analytics 

Alteryx workflows do not have to linear, as in, you can create multiple paths to your data.

In this case, after your summarize tool, your data is transformed. However, you can make multiple paths from your original data.

You can put a browse on your input data, and see the original data. Alternatively, you can click on the output anchor of the input data tool, to see some of the data being brought into the workflow.

TheOC_0-1647374553783.png

Hope this helps,
TheOC

Bulien
Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

You know, what I want to see basically a drill down of Summarize view, not the base data from the beginning.  In excel the way we see after pivoting the table is kind of that. I am sorry if I did not explain properly in my question. 

Appreciate your efforts. 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @Kinetic_analytics 

Apologies for the misunderstanding.
Are you able to provide an output data file, of what you are hoping to be able to output based on your data?

Cheers,
TheOC

Bulien
Labels