Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Alteryx is here to help you solve your biggest data challenges. Read about the new Virtual Solution Center here.

Does Dynamic input too read column title name or in order of the column?

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I am using the Dynamic input tool to read 25 files with same column tile name but in different order. however it error out by complain about the Json Scheme.

and i have found out it is because the column title name are not in the same order even the name is the same.

Is there anyway to let the dynamic tool read per column title name instead of the column order? and the file format is xlsx

thanks

Chunbin

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

As far as I understand it, the dynamic input tool allows you to read multiple files that match a certain template (e.g. columns are in an expected order).

However, this article may help you solve the problem by using a macro: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-multiple-files-with-...

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi

The link direct me an error page. can you post the full link here please?

Thanks

Chunbin

Highlighted
7 - Meteor
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

Thanks for sharing the batch macro, and it does solved out issue in certain level.

However, we have used dynamic input tools across 40+ workflows and we think will be good to if we can still use dynamic input tool?

in the batch macro > interface designer where you can select to auto configuration by name (wait Until all iterations run)

we can do the same setting in the dynamic input tool?

thanks

Chunbin

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Nope, unfortunately  not.

The macro suggested above is the way I always go in this case.

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi

is there any unknown setting in dynamic input tool? just try to understand more about this tool

so far as I understand this tool has 6 options available for you to select when you open the edit.

Thanks

Chunbin

Labels