community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Disabled containers may not contain interface tools

Hi, 

So i get the following error : Disabled container \s may not contain interface tools. 

what can be the alternative for this? 

The workflow that I am building is essentially trying to do the following - 

It asks for user input in the form of a checkbox to run the containers that has my logic. There are 3 containers in total, for simplicity lets call them A,B and C. Depending on which tool container to disable, it runs one or more than one of the aforementioned containers. However each and every container has a drop down action tool linked to another file as well. So for example I select only container A to run, it throws the error for the containers B and C. 

How do I go about avoiding this issue? 

Alteryx Certified Partner
You need to use your check box to 'collapse group when unchecked' move your dropdowns out of the containers and instead place them in the same 'group box' using the interface designer, this will make then appear/disappear based on whether the checkbox is selected.

I'm mobile at the moment, so let's see if anyone else can give an example.

Ben
Highlighted

The interface tools should be outside the containers they're controlling. The actions to update the file path for the inputs in the disabled containers can be left outside the containers. The input tools would normally error without a valid file path, but if they're in a disabled container it doesn't matter. 

If the user should only be able to select 1 of 3 options. I suggest using Radio Buttons rather than Check Boxes. Check out the attached example and let me know if you have any questions.

Labels