Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Different schema than the 1st file error

seelan89
6 - Meteoroid

HI All,

I am trying to combine a number of workbooks, all of which have tabs titled the same.

I tried to create a workflow with input data for each of the tabs and with the use of "*" to pull automatically from a folder as and when more files come into it.

However I am getting an error which says that one of the tabs from one of the worksheets has a different schema than the 1st file 

I think i need to use a batch macro but I am not sure how. Any suggestions how to solve this issue?

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jenner85  and @tgill1 ,

Try the new version attached. It overwrites the template file in the dynamic input tool with the parameter value (the template becomes itself).

Hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jenner85 , @tgill1  et al.

I've updated the macro to now dynamically select the template and you can now select your file extension from the dropdown, meaning this will now work for .csv, .xlsx, .xls etc.

Let me know if it works.

M

Bulien

dawnh80
8 - Asteroid

Great solution! I had a user run into an issue this week and found your workflow helpful!

neelimakammila
5 - Atom

I have 15 sheets in the same workbook, getting the same error. I am beginner to Alteryx, Please could you guide me how to use the macro workflow posted by you. 

neelimakammila_0-1633781378070.png

anjoe_ang
5 - Atom

anjoe_ang_0-1646620956656.png

@mceleavey 
Can you please advise how to configure the macro here with this error message?

In the Questions, I've put the fullpath with the sheet.

anjoe_ang_1-1646621030904.png

Not sure about this Group By function.

anjoe_ang_2-1646621084588.png

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

There's no need to configure the Group by tab to make the macro work. You can turn it back to the default value. 

rjasred
6 - Meteoroid

Hello team,

the directory tool will not work on Server. any other suggestions?

Thanks & Regards,
Rajasekhar Reddy A

dsandmann
8 - Asteroid

@rjasred Does directory tool not work on server or does it require UNC pathing? Depending on the server set up you may need to use the full path ex. \\DRIVE\example\folder\ instead of your mapped location of X:\

JamesG21
6 - Meteoroid

The macros work well, well not the "flat" version. Is there an option to start the data from a different row other than 1? I manually updated the macro to start the data on Row, but wanted to know if there was an option to add a question for this. 

CASaiRam
6 - Meteoroid

Hi. I faced this error recently. I was trying to combine three files containing 23 columns. But the cause of error is that in one of the files the 23rd column is having some values, but in the other two files the 23rd column is completely empty. Once i was able to observe this and remove the 23rd column it was working smooth. My understanding is like as the 23rd column was completely empty alteryx might assume that there were 22 columns in the other two files and 23 columns in the first file.

So alteryx at sometimes can get confused and confuse us as well

Labels