community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Decision Tree output (tree graph)

Atom

I have a decision tree, but with the variables (and their values, some categorical, some numeric), the graph view is not clear.  I have found no way to expand the view so the data at the nodes are clear and readable.  Expansion does not "separate" the data.

Alteryx
Alteryx

@jkurek

As you have observed, zooming into or out of the graphic does not change the relative proportions of the various parts of the graph.  What you would have to do is to change the plot parameters. 

Counts.pngCounts.pngNonuniform.png15 point.png

Alteryx Partner

That works in a pinch, however larger trees (>10 levels) gets overlapping issues even on maximum size (100 inches), where moving leafs just a little up or down would solve it.

I know this is likely an issue from the R library but it can be inconvenient, especially as trees are pretty much the only machine learning output non-technical management can hope to understand.

Also, having uniform graphical output between Rpart and C5.0 would be great as they look very different right now.

Alteryx
Alteryx

@marco_zara

Those observations would be great submissions to the Ideas page!  Alteryx encourages you to use the supplied SDKs to customize tools or create new ones (and share them on the Community).

Labels