Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Countif formula in Alteryx

lokeshramamurthy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am trying to build countif condition on alteryx but unfortunately am unable to find the logic. 
Request anyone to help me build the same on Alteryx.

I am looking to find "The number of Zero counts in 1 year" from an excel raw data sheet. Could anyone advise or build an sample work flow for the same.

I will share the raw data for which i would require The number of Zero counts in 1 year from the raw data which am sharing. 

Note:- I have also done the calculation on excel. Referring the same calculation i am trying replicate the same logic on alteryx. Please help!

11 REPLIES 11
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
One way to solve this is to use a filter to find the year 1 zero records and then use a count records tool. That value can be added to the original data as a new column through the use of an append tool.

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
lokeshramamurthy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Mark, 

Thanks, It would be great if you could help me with an built module. 

Regards,

Lokesh

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Formulas there are on your sample data not working.  Can you correct it and then share sample data?

sample data.PNG

lokeshramamurthy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, 

Apologies. Please find the revised data attached.

Regards,

Lokesh

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is the sample workflow for your case.  As far as I know, there is no direct formula to bring the result you are looking for.  However, result can be achieved using couple of tool in alteryx. Hope this is helpful. 

workflowworkflow

lokeshramamurthy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Thanks for your time. The workflow built for my requirement is not getting me the required output. I am looking for an exact output shared on excel and where the zero counts for 1year should arrive in one column.

Regards,

Lokesh 

danrh
13 - Pulsar

Slightly different than @ponraj's solution to fit requirements, but the idea is the same:

image.png

Take a look, see if it works for your case.

lokeshramamurthy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Both,

Thanks for the solution. The Module shared was very useful and now I would like to build another function called "SMALL". 

I will share the sample data for which I want an built in module solution. 

I am looking for an "Min of selected SKU in last 1 Years" in the sample data which I am sharing now.

danrh
13 - Pulsar

Check out the attached, it should handle both the zero records and the min.

Labels