Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert Image to varbinary

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

I was wondering if it is possible to convert an image (passport photo) to varbinary(max) in Alteryx. I'm trying to use the BLOB tool, but the web service SOAP where I should pass the encoded Base64 binary data image, doesn't respond. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

@Istwineres 

The Blob Input->Blob Convert sequence is the correct way to convert an image to a Base64 encoded string.  I think the issue may be on the receiving end.  Make sure you've properly formatted the download tool params to include any required headers, authentication details and payload fields

Dan 

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

Hi Dan, thanks for the prompt reply! I can tell you the header and the payload worked without the image encoded input in the XML. 

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

Perhaps the embedded newlines in the encoded binary image?

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

The V_string size was the issue! but is it possible to convert multiple images in the same workflow/app?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Istwineres 

The blob input tool has an optional input connector.  If you connect a list of paths to this input and select an option from the "Modify File Name Using Optional Input" option, you can convert multiple images at once.  Each of them will be converted individually.  The download tool will the see multiple rows and make multiple calls to your web service sending one file at a time.

Dan

Labels