Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Consolidation of multiple sheet from ONE workbook

Mukeshy12390
8 - Asteroid

Hi All- 

I have been trying consol  all sheet from one workbook ,  gone through the many example but couldn't get through .

Eg. I have one workbook called  it  Book1.xlsx. It has 50 sheet sheet1, Sheet2 ..... Sheet50 and all the headers are same across all the sheet.I want to console all sheet into one sheet. 

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mukesh Y

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

In your Input Data tool, choose Table or Query = <List of Sheet Names>

ChrisTX_0-1593866853271.png

Then use a Dynamic Query tool.  Point the Template to your input file.  When setting up the Template, you can use the field for "Output File Name as Field", if you want to include Sheet names in the output.  See screenshot below.

Annotation 2020-07-04 075054.png

The post is frequently helpful:

The Ultimate Input Data Flowchart

Community > Designer > Designer Knowledge > The Ultimate Input Data Flowchart

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

Chris

Mukeshy12390
8 - Asteroid

thanks for the quick reply.

it works perfectly as I requested, 

one question If I may, if headers are not common every sheet has 1 or 2 extra header which supposed to be part of output.

Is there any way we can do consolidation on the basis of header Name.

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

The article list listed above, The Ultimate Input Data Flowchart, will help with situations when a sheet has different headers or columns.  You'll need a batch macro.

Chris

Labels