Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Can not get the E-mail tool to recongnize a file name

apowers
6 - Meteoroid

OK, I have gone through the tutorials, the past posts in the community looking for a solution and I still can not get my report to email.  What I am trying to do is e-mail a dynamically named multi-sheet Excel file when the report is done running and the email tool refuses to find the specified file. The report does save correctly with no errors, is saved with the correct name to the correct location.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thank You

6 REPLIES 6
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

So I think that the filename that you are using has "||Adds" on there. Remove that and give it another shot.

If that is still give you problems, try writing it to a temp space. The format would be something like .\FMListUpdates20180525.xlsx for both the write out and the email tool. 

The other thing I would try is to make this adjustment with the "wait until done" tool. That way it is 100% finished before it trys to email

eamil.png

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
apowers
6 - Meteoroid

Treyson, thank you for your quick reply.  I have tried removing the sheet name "|||Adds" and the corresponding "|||Drops" from the second workflow from the filename but when I do that two things happen, first the file will not save correctly, it will come back saying I need to define the sheet names, and also the file will not save correctly, only one of the workflows is saved in the excel file.

Now for your second recommendation, what do you suggest I do with the second workflow and its Wait until done tool?  

Al

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @apowers

Try this setup...I can't test it but in theory it should work

Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I should clarify. Your write out can still have the sheet name portion (which is what I asked you to remove). However the email part only wants to look for the Excel file ending in XLSX. So you could probably throw a formula in there removing the 3 pipes and table name.

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
apowers
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you, your solution worked, threw a formula tool before the e-mail tool and redefined the filepath without the sheet name. Thank you again!

apowers
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your solution LordNeilLord.  Your solution does work but I have to admit I nearly gave myself a stroke trying to figure it how it did work.  But another user had a simpler solution, put a formula tool before the e-mail tool and redefine the filepath with the sheet name and it works like a charm.  Thank you for your input once again.

Labels