community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

AutoHotKey Primer And One Script Can Start Another Script

Asteroid

Hello,

I'm hoping someone here in the community might be able to provide me a primer on using AutoHotKey to schedule an Alteryx Script or Scripts.

I'm trying to achieve the following:

I have several scripts that need to be run in a particular sequence.   I'm hoping that I can use AutoHotKey (or alternative product) to schedule the initial script and then have that initial script kickoff the next script when it terminates and have each successive script kickoff the following/next scripts until all scripts have executed.  I have a total of 6 scripts that need to be run.  

I do not have a Scheduler license or the Alteryx exe license that would enable me to run from the command line.   

I have read the Poorman's Scheduler thread, but I still don't think I have a full understanding of using  Autohotkey and other Alteryx tools to accomplish my objective.  Also if anyone has enjoyed success using something other than Autohotkey I would welcome your input. 

Thanks in advance for your input. 

Alteryx
Alteryx

I've played around with Auto-Hotkey and would advise avoiding it if possible.  Look at the Runner Macros in the CREW Macro Pack.  They will be much simpler.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Customer Support Engineer

I've used AutoHotkey for over 8 years now.  It does a lot of great things however this isn't one that I'd use it for....   Having said that, it can launch programs from the command line and wait for them to complete. If all you're trying to do is keep them sequential, then it could be a decent fit.

Drop me a line if you'd like to learn more.

Joe@the-Automator.com

http://the-automator.com

P.S. here is an AHK forum post on a scheduler built in AutoHotkey.

Bolide

@joe_Glines what are you suggesting to use besides autohotkey to automate alteryx? I have used for years with no issues.

I'm not...   I don't have Alteryx (but I've spent 20 years working with data) and  I can't test anything automating it.  I just know that , for scheduling things, AutoHotkey isn't a "wonderful" solution.  Again, unless you're running things from the command line, then it could work

Atom

I am a bit late to the party. But can anyone provide me with the autohotkey code to run the workflow in Alteryx when the workflow is opened in the background?

settitlematchmode,2

capslock::
controlsend, ,^r, %A_Desktop%\Umstrukturierung.yxmd
return

This does not seem to be working, even though it works with other programs (e.g. notepad).

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Mats

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner
You cannot schedule a workflow to run via anty scripting mechanism unless you have a server or scheduler license.

Ben
Labels