Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Applying Column formatting rules to dynamic columns

Wrigley510
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I'm attempting to have the Table tool format certain values in a table when they hit a particular threshold. 

Some background- I am doing some 6-week forecast reporting and the column headers will be dynamically changing week-over-week. I have followed the instructions in the walkthrough below to get the Unknown/Dynamic formatting to apply to the data in each column, but I am getting the following error 'The field "*Unknown" is not found in the record' and the data is not being formatted. 

(https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Apply-Column-Rules-to-Multiple-Columns-in-th...)

Any help would be appreciated.

12 REPLIES 12
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Wrigley510 

It seems like what you are doing is correct. Are you able to upload your data and workflow to see the error?

Thanks

Joe

Wrigley510
6 - Meteoroid

My data has some PII in it so I wont be able to provide workflow/data. I can provide screenshots of the errors and the Column Rules if that works as a substitute.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

No problem, yeah that could well be enough for me to work out what's happening.

Wrigley510
6 - Meteoroid

My 3 levels of conditional formatting are set up the same way 

When: *Unknown >= (value) Apply formatting to the data in that columUnknown_Error.JPG

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Great stuff.

Your condition is a numeric one. Are your new columns coming through as a numeric field type?

Wrigley510
6 - Meteoroid

Yes, all coming in as Int64

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I have just tried it my side and I am getting the same error. I think you may have found a defect.

I'll look to raise it as such.

Thanks

Joe

Wrigley510
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Joe. 

Glad to see it wasnt something I was doing wrong.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

It's had already been raised as a defect, unfortunately at the minute I don't know a release date for the fix.

Labels