Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Adding wordings and formula in a particular cell in excel output using Alteryx

LAISY
5 - Atom

Hi, I am new to Alteryx and attempting to try to replicate a reconciliation file i have. In the attached file, Cell A7 to E12 is generated by Alteryx and i needed Alteryx to add in a wordings of "Cargo" in A2 and "Futures" in A3 (orange cells) and also formulas in B2 and B3 (yellow cells). Is there any way Alteryx can do this?

So far in my limited knowledge of Alteryx, I am only aware that Alteryx is only able to add in formulas by specifying rows and columns. Can it be done by specifying a particular cell to do that?

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @LAISY 

Yes your understanding is right we cannot reference a specific cell in formula in Alteryx.

But you can do something like below where top and bottom are considered as 2 different tables.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1634719203365.png

Hope this helps : )

KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @LAISY ,

Nice to see you in our community!

Here is an example of how to replicate your Excel SUMIF formula in Alteryx using the Summarize Tool. You can take the results and write them to the same sheet in your desired cell range.

I used @atcodedog05 example workflow for this. (hint: check the Input data tool config, where he selected which rows to load from the Excel Input)

Please mark our posts as solutions if it answers your question.

Kind Regards,
Kilian
Solutions Engineer - Alteryx

Ar13f
10 - Fireball

Dear @LAISY 

Is the output below what you want? if yes, please find attached my workflow.

Solution for laisy.png

Otherwise, you can follow the advice of @atcodedog05 workflow ...

Ar13f
10 - Fireball

Dear all members,

I'm glad to be a part of this community since I can gain friendship and knowledge, especially about using Alteryx to process a variety of data...

thanks to @KilianL and @atcodedog05 for quick response and sharing the knowledge 👍 

Labels