Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

unable to add SQL connection in Alteryx 2021

Rakesh_Jasuja
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am unable to add a new Microsoft SQL connection through 

Options > Advanced options > Manage Data Connections > Add Connection

i am using Alteryx 2021.

when I click Add connection, pop up window where I can mention database name is not appearing.

Please help 

5 REPLIES 5
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Rakesh_Jasuja  are you using the Admin installation or the Non-Admin installation?

Rakesh_Jasuja
8 - Asteroid

Hi @patrick_mcauliffe ,

Thanks for the reply, it is non Admin installation, however there is no installation required.

all I am doing is that - trying to add SQL server connection for which I already have access.

usually when you try to add any new connection, a new pop up appears where you have to enter DB name /server name.

that pop up is not showing when I click add connection.

Hope this helps.

drew9
9 - Comet

Hi @Rakesh_Jasuja , please try closing Alteryx and then reopen with Run As Administrator. Sometimes Alteryx acts weird and closing and restarting fixes it. Let me know if this works.

Rakesh_Jasuja
8 - Asteroid

Hi @drew9 ,

Thanks for your response, however I don't have Admin access on my company provided Laptop, I will take IT team's help to see if this can be fixed, will let you know the results.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Rakesh_Jasuja  it sounds like your IT security department is blocking something (like a script that renders the button).  Let us know what you hear from them.

Labels