Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

tableau output tool cant run on server

peanut89
8 - Asteroid

We have tableau cloud and i need to schedule a flow to run with tableau output .

Runs fine locally.  But on server i get this error.

I have installed it on the server. For all users

peanut89_0-1678191508516.png

7 REPLIES 7
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar
peanut89
8 - Asteroid

i dont see 

• .ProgramData.Alteryx.Tools in the server. Specfically 'tools' does not exist
Hunter12
5 - Atom

Did you ever get this to work? We installed the plug-in and it runs on the server. We can't figure out how to pass credentials to it.

jessarthur
7 - Meteor

You will need to use Data Connection Manager (DCM) to pass your credentials to the tool when published on Server.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Knowledge-Base/How-to-Set-up-DCM-for-Desig...

Propel32_
5 - Atom

Hi - I was facing a similar issue and then set up DCM to pass the tableau credentials, but when I use the scheduler and try to run the workflow, I am getting an error - "Failed to fetch DCM values".  Do you know why this might be happening?

jessarthur
7 - Meteor

Make sure you've synced the DCM credentials in Designer to Server. Open the DCM window and you should see a "Sync" button. This is what shares credentials between local and Server instances of the workflow.

Propel32_
5 - Atom

Thank you for the advice on this. When I go to sync, it appears that our Alteryx Gallery has not been set up. In system settings, when I tick 'Enable Gallery' and click through to the end, I am getting the following error:

Settings verification failed, please verify the following:

Setting with root <Controller> and name <EmbeddedMongoDBRootPath> must be empty or contain an existing instance

Service with name <WebInterface> must be running

I can see in the Controller > Persistence section of System Settings that the Database Type defaults to MongoDB and it appears all other settings have remained the same, so I believe the error is being caused by this particular setting.

Do you know what might be causing this and how I can go about fixing it? 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels