Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

separate baseline vs performance without creating empty cells

aberthiaume
8 - Asteroid

I am struggling with a couple of things in my alteryx workflow.  i have baseline vs. performance, but the way the data is sent to me, I am trying to separate baseline and performance without leaving a lot of  empty rows in the new field.  I used the multi-row function on the data, but when I put it in Tableau it isn't flowing correctly.  I think my issue is at the very beginning of my workflow when I filter the baseline time period "0" from the Performance time frames (all other periods).  When I union them back together after summarizing and calculataing, the "0" rows are left blank in my new performance columns and (all other periods) are left blank for my baseline calculations.  I am not sure where my mental block is but I cannot figure this out.   What is happening in Tableau is when I try to create a graph with a baseline reference line and a performance by time period line graph, it pulls in the baseline dates.  (That may be a Tableau issue, but if my data was in a better format, I think I would be able to get this done more efficiently).  This is also causing issues when I try to suppress data.  Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.  Maybe I jjust need a fresh set of eyes.  

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @aberthiaume 

I downloaded your workflow and sample test file, but when I ran the workflow the field NQIIC_ID is missing; Are you missing it in the sample?

NQIIC_ID.png

hth

Arnaldo

aberthiaume
8 - Asteroid

I updated the sample file and the workflow in the original post and below.    They should work better now.  Thanks for letting me know.  

Labels