Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

remove characters from all fields

umidjon
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have a table with 49 fields which basically looks like this:

Field 1Field 2Field 3Field 4Field xField 49
Field 1 string1##Field 2 string1##Field 3 string1##Field 4 string1##Field x string1##Field 49 string1
Field 1 string2##Field 2 string2##Field 3 string2##Field 4 string2##Field x string2##Field 49 string2
Field 1 string3##Field 2 string3##Field 3 string3##Field 4 string3##Field x string3##Field 49 string3

Is it possible to remove # from all of the fields at once?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @umidjon 

You can use the ReplaceChar function in the Multi-Field Formula Tool.

clipboard_image_0.png

Select all of your fields.

ReplaceChar([_CurrentField_], "#", "")

Cheers,

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @umidjon you can use a multi field tool to replace within the fields you select.Multifield170919.PNG

umidjon
5 - Atom

Thanks it worked like a charm. I was overdoing in my google searches.

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

Hi Joseph, @JosephSerpis 

if in my field I have something like 00UTIL or IPWORKSHOP, how would I write the expression to remove the first 2 characters, so I want to remove the 00 or the IP?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide

estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Bigmonki 

Try this in a formula tool: 

Substring([Field],2,length([Field])-2)

Cheers!

Esther

Bigmonki
8 - Asteroid

Fixed, thank you. The hardest part for me, I know what I want to do but don't know how to express it in formulas ans that.

I am getting there slowly, the community has to be the best there is on the Web, no other forums are as eager to help as people on Alteryx.

JB0007
5 - Atom

Hi All, I am struggling to remove the following from my field " A^ " , I have tried the the above formula in a multifield formula but no luck, any assistance? I think it may be due to the special character

Snipaste_2023-11-21_10-43-24.jpg

sparksun
11 - Bolide

@JB0007 

It seems you are trying to remove the character from multiple field names, Dynamic Rename tool will be the right tool for this case.

Labels