Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

"Run as Analytic App" Wand Disappears After Using "Compare Workflows"

keylyn
6 - Meteoroid

I often run workflows as analytic apps. I've noticed that after using the "Compare Workflows" function, the little wand button that runs workflows as analytic apps disappears. When I check my workflow configuration, "Analytic App" is still selected as the workflow type, but the wand button is gone. It doesn't come back after closing the workflows I was comparing. I have to close Alteryx completely and reopen workflows to bring the button back. Is there a solution for this?

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

What version are you running? I cannot seem to replicate this issue in 2023.2, so this may be an issue that was resolved. You might need to file a support ticket.

caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I face this issue as well sometimes. What I found to work - albeit annoying - is to close Alteryx and reopen it. Then the magic wand reappears. I'm on v2023.1 if that helps.

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
keylyn
6 - Meteoroid

I am running v2023.1, so perhaps the issue was resolved in the next version as Andrew mentioned. I will just continue to close/reopen Alteryx to get the wand to reappear. As caltang mentioned, it is annoying, but it seems to be the only thing that works for now.

Labels