Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

python to read pdf in alteryx

AmritaUpadhyay
6 - Meteoroid
Hello everyone,
I am trying to read a pdf through python in alteryx because pdf to text tool in alteryx intelligence is not giving me the output in desired format, But when I am using python in Alteryx it is giving me below error. Infact I am not able to run any python command in Alteryx.
Please help me to resolve the same. I have tried to search this called process Error but didn't get anything to resolve this.  

Python (1) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------¶CalledProcessError                        Traceback (most recent call last)¶<ipython-input-2-1236b42f9efb> in <module>¶      1 from ayx import Package¶----> 2 Package.installPackages("tabula-py")¶c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\ayx\Package.py in installPackages(package, install_type, debug)¶    200     print(pip_install_result["msg"])¶    201     if not pip_install_result["success"]:¶--> 202         raise pip_install_result["err"]¶c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages\ayx\Utils.py in runSubprocess(args_list, debug)¶    118 ¶    119     try:¶--> 120         result = subprocess.check_output(args_list, stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)¶    121         if debug:¶    122             print("[Subprocess success!]")¶c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\subprocess.py in check_output(timeout, *popenargs, **kwargs)¶    409         kwargs['input'] = '' if kwargs.get('universal_newlines', False) else b''¶    410 ¶--> 411     return run(*popenargs, stdout=PIPE, timeout=timeout, check=True,¶    412                **kwargs).stdout¶    413 ¶c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\subprocess.py in run(input, capture_output, timeout, check, *popenargs, **kwargs)¶    510         retcode = process.poll()¶    511         if check and retcode:¶--> 512             raise CalledProcessError(retcode, process.args,¶    513                                      output=stdout, stderr=stderr)¶    514     return CompletedProcess(process.args, retcode, stdout, stderr)¶CalledProcessError: Command '['c:\\program files\\alteryx\\bin\\miniconda3\\envs\\designerbasetools_venv\\python.exe', '-I', '-m', 'pip', 'install', 'tabula-py']' returned non-zero exit status 1.¶

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

run Alteryx as admin and try again. are you using the Alteryx.installPackages - or pip?

AmritaUpadhyay
6 - Meteoroid

I am using Alteryx.installPackages

BS_THE_ANALYST
14 - Magnetar

@AmritaUpadhyay  Could try doing %pip install _____ --user

I've found adding the --user has solved issues for me in the past.

See this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42988977/what-is-the-purpose-of-pip-install-user 

All the best,

BS

Labels