Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

mceleavey - MACRO

suby
11 - Bolide

Hello Mceleavey,

I've been using your multiple schema macro to bring in monthly files and combine them together but i came across a challenge it would be great if you could help.

after combining all the files Say i have a formula field called (TEST) where I'm putting in my business logic  and I'm referencing a Column called XYZ inside my formula field. 

but the  column XYZ  was same across two months but in Feb it was called ABC in this case how can i reference the  column ABC within my formula field?

Feb  ABC
MarchXYZ
April  XYZ

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Taging @mceleavey so that he gets a notification on this post 🙂

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @suby ,

and thank you @atcodedog05 .

Can you let us know what you're trying to achieve here? What is the formula? What is the desired outcome?

Thanks,

M.

Bulien

suby
11 - Bolide

Hello,

its pretty straight forward i mean ..

The output would be to show the all the historic values for my (TEST) column in my Tableau Dashboard.

The TEST is formula field in Alteryx inside the TEST column i have an IF condition and in that IF condition I'm referencing the XYZ column the results where okay for the month of March and April but for the month of FEB the column was called ABC  I'm getting no results so in this case how can i handle this.

Feb  ABC
MarchXYZ
April  XYZ

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi Suby, I guess I'm confused because in the data example you're showing you don't have any columns called ABC, or XYZ. You have row values.

Can you post a more comprehensive set of data and show the result you want? I still don't know what you're trying to calculate.

M

Bulien

suby
11 - Bolide

Apologize for the confusion..

My Data set looks like this

suby_1-1625512207613.png

In this scenario the Values remains same across for all the three months the only difference is the Column name is referenced as ABC in the month of FEB.

But if you look at my calculation I'm referencing the XYZ column but later then i found that the column name was different in my Feb Month Data set which is called as ABC.

So when i  produce a report on my Dashboard I'm getting values for March and April and this is fine since my formula field is referencing XYZ but here I'm missing my Feb values.

Not finding any fault on your macro its an amazing macro but i wanted to know how to handle this scenario because  i have lots of joins and union downstream on my workflow.

Labels