Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

manually sort field

ysalgado
5 - Atom

I have a field that has multiple rows, I need to sort them in a specific order (not alphabetically) how can I do that?

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@ysalgado 
No "Thank you"? 😂

Can you provide the sample data in text format and elaborate what will be specific order?

Raj
15 - Aurora

@ysalgado please provide sample data and required output.

ysalgado
5 - Atom

See attached I hope this explains what I am trying to do.  

ysalgado
5 - Atom

Hi Raj, can you see the attached file that shows what it currently looks like and what order I need it?  Any help you can give would be appreciated. 

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @ysalgado 

Here's my approach:

• Connect your accounts in desired order to the 'F' input of a Find Replace tool
  • Connect your data that contains the amounts to the 'R' input of the same Find Replace tool
  • Configure the Find Replace tool to find the entire matched case-insensitive whole word, and then;
  • Select fields from the data to append to your list of custom sorted accounts.

The Find Replace tool actually appends!

Capture.PNG

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@ysalgado take a look at the select record tool, that might help if you want to manually select rows

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

@ysalgado 

Please review.  If satisfied, kindly like, comment, share and/or accept as a solution.

Labels