Alteryx Mission Control is currently experiencing technical issues. Our teams are working to restore services. For urgent issues encountered with an Alteryx Product, please contact Alteryx Customer Support via support@alteryx.com. Thank you for your patience.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

how to make formula flow in the output excel file.

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow with the formula tool . The configuration is done in such a way so that instead of value, the formula tool output should display the formula in itself. The result window is showing the correct output , however when I export the output to an excel file, I get an error message that -

Removed records : formula from xl/worksheet/sheet4.xml part.  and the fields are blank.

I have attached snip of the desired output and the formula tool config .  Strangely, the workflow is giving desired output in 2019 version but blank fields in 2020.

2 REPLIES 2
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @simasarry123 

Would the attached solution work for you?

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

@gautiergodard If I add an apostrophe it changes into text , however my requirement is that it should flow as formula in output and when I remove ! in the formula field in the output file, It should behave like a regular excel formula and the values should flow. Anyone hovering over the cell should be able to see the underlying formula in the formula bar of excel. 

Labels