Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

how to make formula flow in the output excel file.

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow with the formula tool . The configuration is done in such a way so that instead of value, the formula tool output should display the formula in itself. The result window is showing the correct output , however when I export the output to an excel file, I get an error message that -

Removed records : formula from xl/worksheet/sheet4.xml part.  and the fields are blank.

I have attached snip of the desired output and the formula tool config .  Strangely, the workflow is giving desired output in 2019 version but blank fields in 2020.

2 REPLIES 2
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @simasarry123 

Would the attached solution work for you?

simasarry123
8 - Asteroid

@gautiergodard If I add an apostrophe it changes into text , however my requirement is that it should flow as formula in output and when I remove ! in the formula field in the output file, It should behave like a regular excel formula and the values should flow. Anyone hovering over the cell should be able to see the underlying formula in the formula bar of excel. 

Labels