Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

emailing in loop

adarsh2608
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have an excel and which contains list of emails . i want alteryx to read first row and if there is an email id then it should open email then add that email to the "To" and  send with below as body . it should continue until all the row is been read and email is sent 

Body

" Dear "name" ,

Thank you for the email. "

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @adarsh2608 for this, you can just reference the relevant information from each row. To get the body as you wish, I would just create this as a new field in a Formula expression like so:

DataNath_0-1663326684234.png

Then, in the final dropdown of the email configuration, reference this field as the body of the email:

DataNath_1-1663326714325.png

Likewise for telling Alteryx where to send this, you just need to reference the email address column in your data in the 'To' configuration:

DataNath_2-1663326753741.png

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@adarsh2608 to tweak @DataNath's solution slightly. In this case I'd recommend the Report Text tool rather than the formula tool, as this gives you far more control over the formatting of the email - different fonts/colours/sizes etc. are all available.

You can still reference data by using the Available Fields drop down:

OllieClarke_1-1663327499065.png

OllieClarke_0-1663327444301.png

Hope that helps,

Ollie

Labels