Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

data cleaning - remove highlighted data from the file

Meghnagupta
8 - Asteroid

I have attached dummy data here and I want to remove yellow highlighted data every time.

One thing about this data is it will not have any value from column F till column I.

Could someone help me in this? This is really urgent 

8 REPLIES 8
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Meghnagupta IF the colum F will be empty for the records to be deleted then you can add a filter tool like below

image.png

Rhys_Cooper
8 - Asteroid
Meghnagupta
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs : It won't work this way because I need this filter when all the columns are blank. If I put this filter then it will be restricted to only one column nd which is not the case. 

Meghnagupta
8 - Asteroid

@Rhys_Cooper : I tried this thread but macro being used here is throwing an error and I am unable to configure that.

Rhys_Cooper
8 - Asteroid

@Meghnaguptamay you share the exact error code please and I will look into it

Meghnagupta
8 - Asteroid

Hi, @Rhys_Cooper :

please find screenshot of error

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Meghnagupta Can you give a little bit more information about your requirement? my understanding is that you need to remove the highlighted rows, where these records there will not be any data from Colum F to I, that is why i suggested to use filter tool

Meghnagupta
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs : I have data in 3 sections in same sheet.

I want to remove data from first section of data only. Because that portion only have yellow highlighted data.

Also, first section can also have any null values also from column F to column I. But, I would need to filter the data which has all the values blank.

Basically, data can be filtered on either of below:

1. Yellow highlighted data

2. Where all the values are null from column F to column I

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels