Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

create multiple tabs in one workflow

Jocelynupup
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have my detail repot ready and I want to add some summary analysis tabs, for example, summary and declined tabs in my sheet. The following is my error message when I try to do so. I wonder whether it's possible to output multiple tabs in a spreadsheet in one workflow.

Error: Output Data (49): Unable to open file for write transactions.20240214t.XLSX: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (32)

Thanks,

Jocelyn

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Try some Block Until Done tools! They can help with making sure one process starts and finishes before the next part. I would also make sure AMP Engine is turned off to ensure the Block Until Done tools don't become moot

Capture.PNG

Raj
15 - Aurora

@Jocelynupup in your case 2 additional block Until done will give you the solution
1- after Formula tool which is creating full path

2-After select tool where paths get separated.

Or you can use Wait a second tool as well if it is available with you.

hope this helps!

Jocelynupup
7 - Meteor

Block Until Done tools do work. But my new problem is I cannot choose Change File/Table Name and use Change Entire File Path at the same time. I wonder how to solve this problem. @Raj @alexnajm 

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Jocelynupup I am not sure of the full question, but it sounds like you are trying to define the File Name AND the Sheet Name. This is very possible - you would only do the "Change Entire File Path" option and define the full path beforehand in a Formula (most likely).

But since this is a separate question, I would accept the post (or posts) here that helped with this question, and I would recommend posting as a new discussion with more detail as well 😊

Labels