Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

create multiple tabs in one workflow

Jocelynupup
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have my detail repot ready and I want to add some summary analysis tabs, for example, summary and declined tabs in my sheet. The following is my error message when I try to do so. I wonder whether it's possible to output multiple tabs in a spreadsheet in one workflow.

Error: Output Data (49): Unable to open file for write transactions.20240214t.XLSX: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (32)

Thanks,

Jocelyn

4 REPLIES 4
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Try some Block Until Done tools! They can help with making sure one process starts and finishes before the next part. I would also make sure AMP Engine is turned off to ensure the Block Until Done tools don't become moot

Capture.PNG

Raj
16 - Nebula

@Jocelynupup in your case 2 additional block Until done will give you the solution
1- after Formula tool which is creating full path

2-After select tool where paths get separated.

Or you can use Wait a second tool as well if it is available with you.

hope this helps!

Jocelynupup
7 - Meteor

Block Until Done tools do work. But my new problem is I cannot choose Change File/Table Name and use Change Entire File Path at the same time. I wonder how to solve this problem. @Raj @alexnajm 

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Jocelynupup I am not sure of the full question, but it sounds like you are trying to define the File Name AND the Sheet Name. This is very possible - you would only do the "Change Entire File Path" option and define the full path beforehand in a Formula (most likely).

But since this is a separate question, I would accept the post (or posts) here that helped with this question, and I would recommend posting as a new discussion with more detail as well 😊

Labels