Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

cmd.exe creating folder error

hiteshnpwc
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone.!

Working on a workflow where data is in an excel file (2 columns, Name, and DOB) which create multiple excel file in a folder. However unable to get the desired result and got an error. Attached is the screenshot, Could anyone provide me a suggestion if I have missed anything?

2 REPLIES 2
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@hiteshnpwc Hello! It looks like you have a batch macro with a Run Command Tool. The Run Command tool is creating a directory specified by %Question.ControlParam.File%. When you have the macro open and you hit run, %Question.ControlParam.File% will be set equal to whatever test value you have entered in the workflow configuration tab (C:\Data\Test in my example below). 

patrick_digan_1-1679401141628.png

The md command will error out like you're seeing if the folder already exists. Note that when somebody runs the workflow with this macro in it, it will use the data that is sent into the upside down question mark and create folders for those paths (ie it ignores your test value). So even if you're seeing an error when testing the macro itself (because the folder already exists), the workflow will run without error so long as the folders are new.

hiteshnpwc
8 - Asteroid

@ patrick_digan

Thank you for you reply.

Attached is my workflow configuration. Could you please help me out if I am missing anything?

Labels