Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

batch macro error message -The output connection "Output9" was not a valid connection

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

Hi all 

I have a batch macro that reads in files from SharePoint; I use it twice in my workflow. In previous days it has worked fine but now I get an error message saying that the output is not valid, for one of the times the macro runs, but works fine for the second macro.

I've tried deleting and adding a new macro output in the macro but still get the same error (other than the numbering of the output). Can anyone help suggest how to resolve the issue?

Macro screen shot

sap bw macro.PNG

the workflow

combo flow error.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Krzysiek
8 - Asteroid

Hey,

Try connecting 'Q' anchors of Control Parameter Tool with a Tool being updated by it

Like so:

screen.PNG

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

solved - it was a data input issue, there was actually no data in today's SharePoint file, hence the error. But now is resolved, though I 've never seen a control parameter directly linked to a tool, is there any documentation you could share around that, as when I tried in a another macro it didn't work (as aspected - didn't get an error

Krzysiek
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately, I do not have any documentation for this setup. Yet I had same error for my batch macro, I built earlier today and connecting 'Q' anchors made it somehow works. I was surprised about it, but get my result anyway.

Labels