Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Write an amount in letters

Keisi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi :)

Can anyone please help me to write amounts in letters
Example:
Would be converted to
One thousand nine hundred and thirty-two

Thanks a lot in advance

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Keisi ,

do you want to play with Python 🐍?

https://github.com/savoirfairelinux/num2words

@grossal or @clmc9601  might give you links to their articles or give you words of encouragement. 

i would solve it natively by parsing the number as text and writing my own logic. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MarqueeCrew 

Thank you for sharing this resource. The thing which got me excited about this package is the easy-to-use language support.

atcodedog05_0-1678010450550.png

@Keisi Python should be the preferred method to go unless your company has governance against python usage. If that's the case as @Yoshiro_Fujimori suggested refer to Challenges 234 & 235 for building the required logic.

Cheers and have a nice weekend you all !

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Keisi 

My post is just my comments of @MarqueeCrew and @Yoshiro_Fujimori posts. Theirs are the actual post which deserves to be marked as solution since they took the effort to find and suggest you a solution :)

Cheers and have a nice day!

Keisi
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for your help @MarqueeCrew, I managed to solve it using Python as you suggested 🙂

Labels