Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow to update paths in another workflow - issue

chuckstermajster
5 - Atom

I have been trying to build the workflow which iterates through several different workflows and changing the paths for all the inputs.

I've used the tool from this thread:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Workflow-Dependencies-I-need-to-change...

The workflow successfully updated the paths in my workflow, however I've encountered the following error, when I've tried to open the modified workflow:

chuckstermajster_0-1648820571237.png

I've changed the extension of the modified flow from yxmd to csv, to be able to see the line 4564 and it looks like this:

chuckstermajster_1-1648820769002.png

My flow looks like the one from the thread above:

chuckstermajster_4-1648821185822.png

chuckstermajster_3-1648821113895.png

I suspect there is something wrong with encoding, because when I perform exact same operation of replacing the path via Notepad (using "Replace all"), without the Alteryx, there is no errors while opening the file.

Do you have any ideas how to resolve this?

Kind regards
Mateusz

5 REPLIES 5
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hey @chuckstermajster, do you have AMP enabled on that? If you do, please disable it and try again.

chuckstermajster
5 - Atom

Hi!

No. This is 2019.3 version, so I do not have this feature

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

What are those conversion errors you are getting? I believe you just need to change the field size on the input data tool to something like 99999 so it fits all the data.

chuckstermajster
5 - Atom

Yes! This conversion errors are probably the source of an issue, however I do not know how to get rid of them as they come from the Input data, so "select" tile after this won't help :(

I've tried some different code page options, bo it did not helped...

chuckstermajster_0-1649144873294.png

For instance with UTF-8 Encoding, conversions errors are exactly the same as with the encoding from the snippet

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

The error is saying that the field was truncated. Change the field size on the Input Data tool from 254 to something like 99999. 

Labels