Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
解決済み

What tool is this and how to add it?

hlannguyen
アステロイド

Hello Professionals,

I'm studying for Core Certification, reviewing the examples attaching to the tools mastery. However, I don't know what tool is the yellow circle (attached), what group this tool belongs to, and how to find and add it. Please help me.

Thank you,

6件の返信6
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Interface tool palette! Off hand it looks like the list box tool

hlannguyen
アステロイド

Thank you so much @alexnajm. Found it now.

gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

As far as I remember, Interface Tools was not in scope of Core Exam...but might be asked as a general knowledge though not necessary to know them in detail.

https://s3.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/ayx.policies/Core%2BCertification%2BExam%2BPrep%2BGuide.pdf

Leaving it aside for now, Interface tools are essential to create WF with interactive UI(called Analytic App in yxwz) that is really useful in business. Especially, they are mandatorily required when you/your company utilize Alteryx Server.

hlannguyen
アステロイド

Thank you so much @gawa. My current focus is Core Exams. One step at a time.

JoshuaM
アステロイド

To address the part on how to find it, use the search bar in the top right and just search "List Box". The tool will appear and you can drag/drop it onto the canvas.

To add the tool, locate the gear icon right under the search bar. Once you click it a new screen will pop up. Scroll down to Interface, then check the List Box tool if it is not currently checked.

Back to the search bar. Once you search a tool, you will see some options under 'Help'. Click on that to navigate to some resources on the tool. The core exam measures your understanding of tools and their configurations, among other things. I would take some notes from these pages, to better prepare you for those types of questions. 

FIND:

1.PNG

ADD:

2.PNG

hlannguyen
アステロイド

Thank you so much @JoshuaM. So insightful to picking up another way to add a tool.

ラベル