Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

What is Get_sql_encrypted & Get_json_encrypted

PiyushJain
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

Please help me to understand What is "Get_sql_encrypted" & "Get_json_encrypted" in Alteryx.

What is the use & how to use & when to use?

Regards

Piyush Jain

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Piyush,

Can you give more information about what you are looking to accomplish? Is there a specific tool or connection that you are trying to set up?

PiyushJain
8 - Asteroid

Hi Brandon ,

Thanks for your reply..

I need to do some modifications in an alteryx workflow, that already built by someone else.

I need to add few more columms from database and do pre proessing  in alteryx and generate reports.

To do so ,first ,i am trying to understand complete workflow.

This workflow contains encrypted json and sql 

Tool ( like any other tool in alteryx).

But i am not able to understand the exact meaning/ purpose of that encrypted tools.

Please advise

Hope this information helps..

Regards 

Piyush Jain

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

It sounds like these may be custom tools that were developed in your company to be used within Alteryx. The only JSON tools that we have in the platform are: 

JSON Parse: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/json-parse-tool

and

JSON Build: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/json-build-tool

Maybe your tool is a special macro that the previous person used for decryption? It may be possible to right click on the "encrypted JSON" tool and click on where it says Open Macro. If it allows you to do this then you will be able to see what tools are used underneath. 

PiyushJain
8 - Asteroid

Hi Brandon,

Apologies for the delay in response. 

Seems you are correct.

I guess workflow using custom tools that is encrypted too. When i click on the macro ,it not allowed me to enter.

I am still trying to understand the workflow.

Will get back to you/ team,if found any outcome/ issues.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Piyush Jain

Labels