Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Web scraping in Alteryx

samuel_budiman
5 - Atom

Hi, I am trying to scrap data from Dun & Bradstreet using the download tool from this link : https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.a_noble__son_limited.e86435fb9cfcd649ba18c2e...

Screenshot 2023-11-22 102009.png

I am trying to scrap the industry and address data using the download tool, but this is what I'm getting from the tool:

"<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><meta charset="utf-8"><meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-fit=no"><title>Challenge Validation</title><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/_sec/cp_challenge/sec-4-0.css"><script type="text/javascript">function cp_clge_done(){location.reload(true);}</script><script src="/_sec/cp_challenge/sec-cpt-int-4-0.js" async defer></script><script type="text/javascript">sessionStorage.setItem('data-duration', 10);</script></head><body><div class="sec-container"><div id="sec-text-container"><iframe id="sec-text-if" class="custmsg" src="/_sec/cp_challenge/crypto_message-4-0.htm"></iframe></div><div id="sec-if-container"><iframe id="sec-cpt-if" provider="crypto" class="crypto" data-key="" data-duration=10 src="/_sec/cp_challenge/ak-challenge-4-0.htm"></iframe></div></div></body></html>"

Would anyone be able to tell me if it's possible to use the download tool to get this data without error?

2 REPLIES 2
AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

You will need their API information, and may need to get an API key from them (my guess would be yes).

Here's a link from their site that should have more information: https://developer.dnb.com/#/home

Raj
15 - Aurora

Hi @samuel_budiman 

To solve the issue you need to use download tool and then the output is same as inspection of the web page

you need to understand the reference points around the script required.

After that you would be able to pull the data.

Hope this gives you a idea.

Labels