Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Warning message when using SharePoint connector

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I am running Alteryx 2023.1.1. I have installed the SharePoint connector 2.4.2. In this version of the connector, there is a warning at the bottom that says "You can't run workflows on Server if you connect manually. What does this actually mean? 

server.png

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

connect manually means that you are using sso (or other exernalbrowser/oauth) authentication. That will not transfer to the Server - which does not have access to your particular browser sesion.

In this case - it may also be saying that you need to connect via DCM if you want the credentials to transfer between workflow and server and vice versa.

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

So as long as I save the connection information in the tool it should work on server? What is DCM?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Data Connection Manager. It "should" work on Server. 

If you toggle to browser sign in - and then sign in via oauth it will definitely not work on server - my hunch is that the message only refers to the Oauth message but TBH not 100% sure - Alteryx is very proud of DCM so they would like users to use it cross environment.

Labels