Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Want to generate same data from one row to the preceding rows

Komal_
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

I have dataset as below, all am trying to do is get to the row which is "Code" in Data Set column and all the rows in value column before the "Code" row i.e. "Non Code" should be re written by the same value of "Code".

Note: There is huge data set similar to the below and there is no constant count of 

Data SetValue

Non Code

Non Code 
Non Code 
Code-1
Non Code 
Non Code 
Code0
Non Code 
Code1
Non Code 
Non Code 
Non Code 
Non Code 
Code2

Expected output

Data SetValue

Non Code

Non Code-1
Non Code-1
Code-1
Non Code0
Non Code0
Code0
Non Code1
Code1
Non Code2
Non Code2
Non Code2
Non Code2
Code2
5 REPLIES 5
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Komal_ One way of doing this

image.png

cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar

One way is to add a record ID and sort tool to the dataset and then reverse sort it. Its easier to use the multirow tool down than it is backwards. See workflow below.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Komal_
7 - Meteor

Hi @binuacs,

Thanks for the quick help, but I have updated my data set to near to my real time data. Could you please try to help me with this.

thanks again!

Komal_
7 - Meteor

Hi @cjaneczko ,

Thanks for the quick help, but I have updated my data set to near to my real time data. Could you please try to help me with this.

thanks again!

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Komal_ updated the workflow

image.png

Labels