Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Use Dynamic Input with Pre-SQL Statement to update table

dpakapd
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have an input table that looks similar to the Text Input shown below.

dpakapd_0-1654003869361.png

In my workflow I am feeding the output of the 'Text Input' to a 'Dynamic Input' tool. The 'Dynamic Input' tool is configured to connect to an IBM DB2 database.

I want to run a pre-SQL command in order to update a table in a database where only the values in DIV_NBR are updated to the corresponding STAT_CD.

dpakapd_1-1654004116676.png

If I use an 'Input' tool, I am able to do this as I can specify which DIV_NBR I want updated. Since the DIV_NBR can change dynamically (in the real application the Text Input will be replaced by an Excel file), I want to configure the Dynamic Input such that it takes the 'DIV NBR' and uses it to update the table for the corresponding DIV_NBR.

Is there a way I can do this? I have attached the sample workflow here. Can you pl advise if this is possible?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @dpakapd ,

I don't believe there is a way to update the pre-sql statement directly in the dynamic input tool but you can dynamically update it by creating a pretty simple macro. Attached is a simple example where you can feed a query into the macro which will overwrite the pre-sql statement in the input tool inside the macro.

Action tool configuration:

phottovy_1-1654006443795.png

dpakapd
8 - Asteroid

Thanks Phottovy! 

Labels