Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Adding space tabs to the code in 1 cell

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone, 

I have an API query that I would like to send, but it seems like the one thing that is missing is the tabs that are used.  In my data there are no tabs when I construct this format using the data.  I have red solutions at this link: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-to-add-a-tab-in-the-middle-of-a-te... and understand that CharToInt(9) is the way to create a tab (which is 8 spaces).  However, the tab lengths that I need needs to be 2, 4 or 6 spaces in length.  Is there a way to create tabs of this length?  I tried CharToInt(3), however I see that it converts it to the corresponding unicode character.

Here is an example of the format:

{

"cust_Data_In": {

"userId": "",

"actionCode": "",

"partner_ID": "",

},

"address_In": {

"firm": "Incredible",

"address1": "15 Main",

"city": "G",

}

}

}

Thank you for helping, 

Rouche

1 REPLY 1
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Roche,

Where would you like to add the tabs to the data? I may be mistaken but a tab is one character, how it is rendered is just dependent on the editor: 

IraWatt_1-1654175889588.png

The simplest way to add tabs in designer with the formula tool:

IraWatt_0-1654175766784.png

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

Labels