Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Underscores after crosstab - some of my columns are already _ and some have space.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

some of my columns are already _ and some have space. I want to keep the columns with space as space and underscores as undersscores.

It looks like the crosstab is making my data go from space to _. 

Ie in my workflow Insured Deposits is going into "Insured_Deposits". 

Normally I would do the solution mentioned here - https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Underscores-After-Cross-Tab/td...  . Dynamic Rename on the column you want to put back the space to.

However my columns are not static and change often  +  if I apply a rename or replace to ALL columns with "_" i dont want to take the "_" out of my "Right_Bank" column.

Please help.

12 REPLIES 12
Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@wonka1234 You can still use the Formula function in a Dynamic Rename tool and deselect "Right_Bank" and keep "Dynamic or Unknown Fields" selected. That way, any field that comes into the workflow will always be selected to be affected by this expression: replace([_CurrentField_], '_', ' ')

CrossTab Underscore.PNG

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@wonka1234 One way of doing this

image.png

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

You can still use dynamic rename, you just need a way of mapping the old names to new.

image.png

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@Prometheus  i cant just deselect Right_Bank. my columns arent static. my columns could be Right_Thing,  Right_OtherThing.. etc

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@binuacs @Christina_H  tried both your solutions , not exactly what I wanted. check updated workflow

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Yes, I wondered if you actually had more rows of data!  I've updated mine in the attached.

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

@Christina_H  thanks. So Close. That concat_name column is missing though when you do your crosstab.

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

It's not clear what you want - my output matches your crosstab with the columns in a different order.  Is this what you're after?

image.png

If so, you just need to group by Concat_Name in the crosstab tool

image.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@wonka1234 attached updated wrkflow

image.png

Labels