Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Transpose / Cross Tab

jesuisbo
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have a dataset that has travel destinations, that are ranked in travel order [Rank], per category. See table below.

Screenshot 2019-09-20 10.58.36.png

However, for this to work in Tableau, I'm looking to amend the attached dataset in a way where I'm getting the following columns, instead of just a single [Rank] column.

- from lat 

- from lng

- to lat

- to lng

I've tried a bunch of things but I just can't seem to figure it out. 

I've attached the dataset for reference. Are there any easy ways to solve this? 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @jesuisbo ,

as I understand, you want to add from and to columns containing to lng/lat to each row. The "from" coordinates are values from last row, while the "to" values are reflected by the next row. This can be easily done using the MultiRow Formula tool, See attached sample.

Best regards

Roland

jesuisbo
8 - Asteroid

This is great - thank you @RolandSchubert !

How do I make sure though that when I group the calculation on [Category] that the NULL [from lat] and [from lng] values would be replaced with the starting coordinates? 

Screenshot 2019-09-20 11.45.24.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Sorry, I missed that one. I added grouping by category and a condition for that first and last row within a group, so first and last station in each category have the starting or ending coordinates.

jesuisbo
8 - Asteroid

Amazing, this works, thank you!! 

Labels